balikbayan baks

October 20, 2008

Storage Needs

I have already consumed 97Gb of space -- only for my DSLR photos (stored in my 160Gb laptop hard drive)

Around 40Gb -- for my Music (stored in my 60Gb iPod)

And around 70 DVD-R's of Videos (approx 280Gb)

And around 10Gb of documents/tutorials

And now I'm contemplating of getting a new external storage device...

Questions/Things to consider:
-What I have now as my main computer is a laptop (which most of the time stays at home)
-Should I get a network storage device where every laptop in the house can access the contents without turning on a PC?
-Should I get a portable drive since what I have is a laptop (biggest is 320Gb only as of now)

2 comments:

miko said...

i'll do this the P&G way :)

net, di mo kelangan bumili ng kahit ano bago, if you need to know why, read on.

kung network storage device ang kukunin mo, ilan GB ba yung files na dapat meron access ang lahat?

i also dont think you need a portable since a 160GB HD space for a laptop is big enough, and yung Music mo nasa 60GB ipod na, problem na lang pag nag break down si Ipod.

i'd say, upload the photos to a photo site, yung mga itira mo na lang na High-res ay yung magaganda na shots, the rest delete

yung 10GB na documents/tutorials, marami dyan pwede na idelete sure ako

balikbayanbok said...

yown hahaha yan ang gusto ko sa 'yo, mapapa-ipon ako ng di oras =)