balikbayan baks

December 9, 2008

Back from the Dead

About a month ago, I showed you pics of Nifty Fifty dead, lying on my hand, with its guts showing...

Searching for the next affordable but durable prime lens was the next logical thing to do...however, it will cost me around 20k. (sigma 30mm f/1.4 HSM or canon 28mm f/1.8 USM)

Then tonight I decided to bring out Nifty Fifty from its casket, with the precision screw drivers at hand, and start to look at the damage carefully...I saw some locking mechanism on the inner metal ring, which I suppose locks the lens to the body. I was figuring out on how to do it since the focusing ring is on top of it. I decided to use the precision flat head to snap it and it did the job.

Nifty Fifty is now a zombie.

1 comment:

stargazer said...

mumu!!!!